Object and Aims
From the Statutes:
The association addresses all PhD candidates and researchers interested in an international environment and aims to:
- Support the welcoming and the integration of PhD candidates in Strasbourg by the means of a dynamical offer of social, cultural and sports activities which respond to the needs of those PhD candidates.
- Develop a solid scientific network offering scientific meetings, courses and conferences through doctoral schools (écoles doctorales) and the “collège des écoles doctorales” which respond to the expectations of the PhD candidates.
- Preserve the links with the former members of the association.
- Facilitate the career orientation of the members through workshops, forums and other meetings with actors from the public and private sector.
- Actively participate in the life of the University of Strasbourg through the different representative instances.
- Promote the image of the University of Strasbourg and its different doctoral programs and research structures.
- Encourage international exchange on scientific, cultural and professional subjects, especially in the context of the European Campus.
The association pursues non-religious, non-political, and non-profit aims.
Presented a petition for the CDE to keep the common rooms open after 10 pm. Now common rooms are accessible 24/7 to all the residents.
Negotiated to buy a Ping-Pong table for the CDE. The Ping-Pong table is now available to everyone on the 8th floor.
Demanded the CDE for more washing machine and dryers, as well as vacuum cleaner. Still under negotiations.
Obtained financial support to organize several "Cafés Linguistiques" and other gathering and sports events.
Helped the members in the organization of several scientific conferences.
Winning the Elections for a membership in the Consultative Comitee of PhD Candidates.